March 4, 2010

Easy Chocolate Truffles

OK So I have made these truffles twice in three weeks. And yes I do share them with the kids, but I single handedly have consumed my weight in these deliciously easy little bites. It is like they are so small, you just pop them in your mouth and get a spectacular chocolate fix. And unfortunately a true chocoholic doesn't stop until they get sick! So in the spirit of true friendship I am sharing this recipe with you!

1 pkg softened cream cheese
1 pkg Oreos (if you buy the big box at Costco like I do use 2 sleeves)
1 bag chocolate chips

Crush the Oreos very finely in food processor. In bowl mix crushed Oreos with softened cream cheese until well combined. Melt the chocolate chips (I sometimes add a tsp. of vege oil to make it shiney and keep the chocolate from turning white). Scoop the mixture and form into small balls (I used a small icecream type scooper) chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes, once chilled dip ball into melted chocolate let set. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try these this weekend.

    Best Brownies Ever

    8 Tbs. butter
    60z. semi sweet chocolate chips
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    3 eggs
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup flour
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 cup nuts (optional)
    1 cup "mix in's" Ccaramel squares melted w/a little heavy cream, peanut butter, toffee bits etc...)

    Melt butter in microwave. Add chocolate pieces and stir till melted. Whist the cocoa powder until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then stir in sugar, vanilla and flour. Mix in nuts if using. Put half of the batter into baking dish. Add whatever
    "extras" you are using, then put rest of the batter.
    Bake 5-45 min. Brownies are done when center feels just slightly firm. Cool completely.

    I mean these are very smooth and creamy. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jack would love it if I made these! I have never found a "from scratch" brownie recipe that turned out right (but the box recipe I made when you were here was unsuccessful too) but I will definately have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete