February 18, 2010

Oven Chicken Salad

So I made another yummy casserole for dinner. I loved it! Although the hubby doesn't like to hear the "C" word for dinner (casserole not chicken), but tough sometimes I just like it. And once he actually tried it he liked it. Like my son my husband eats with his eyes. Which I know alot of people do, but it is so annoying for the cook. Anyhow enough ranting about the complainers, here is another yummy recipe for those who like the "C" word for dinner :)

Oven Chicken Salad

2 cups cooked chicken, cut in cubes
2 cups celery, thinly sliced
2 cups bread cubes
1 cup light mayo
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup almonds
2 Tb lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. onion salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 1/2 qt oval baking dish with nonstick spray. In large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, 1 cup bread cubes, mayo, 1/2 cup cheese, almonds, lemon juice, and onion salt. Spoon mixture into dish. Top with remaining bread cubes and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly.

Hope you all like it. If you are fans of chicken salad on a sandwich this is a nice switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment