February 15, 2010

Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls



I made these "Egg Bread" muffins for dinner and I really liked them although I made too many and they are not good as leftovers, so when you make them do just as many as your family can eat so you dont waste as many as I did.

6 Jiffy muffins prebaked
6 eggs
1/4 cup mixed herbs like parsley, chives, taragon (I used only parsley)
2 Tb heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice top off muffins and scoop some bread out of the middle to make a little bowl. Place them back in the muffin tins you baked them in, set tops aside. Mix eggs, herbs and cream and pour a little in each muffin, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until eggs are set and bread is toasted, 20-25 minutes. After eggs have cooked 20 minutes place tops on tray and bake until golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes, place tops on muffin bottoms and seve warm.

I served this with fish and green beans tossed with tomatoes in lemon and oil mix. Although this fish dish was tolerable, I wouldnt make it again, I will stick to the other fish recipe I posted earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment