January 24, 2010

Free Fun

So lately I have been really enjoying going to the public library with my kids. My plan goes like this: In the evenings I go online to my libraries website, login to my account and browse through the books I think I might be interested in checking out. When I find some books, I request for it to be sent to my closest library location. When they send me notices through my email account that my books are waiting for me to pick up I choose a day to go to the the library when they might be having a free puppet show or story time. I show up early and pickup my books on reserve and head over to the kids area and wait for the "show". If there isnt a show that day I just let the kids look at the books in the kids area or play on the kids computers while I look at the books I have chosen. The kids really love going to the library and I get a little reading and slightly quieter time to spend with my own thoughts! Here is the link to my local library, maybe you can post the link to your local libraries too and find new mom-friends at your local library. http://www.gwinnettpl.org/index.html

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog! Tuesday, February 23 is free stack of pancakes at IHOP and Saturday May 1st is free comic book day, check with local comicbook store to see if they are participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Goodness! I will be there, my boys LOVE Pancakes. I actually make breakfast for dinner at least once a week since I dont reallyt have time to whip them up in the mornings while we are getting ready for school. And it is a cheap meal and they love it, definately a win!win!

    ReplyDelete