August 3, 2011

Curtain Redo

I took some simple stock curtains from Target and added a ruffle to the edge to give it a little extra touch. I have added just plain fringe to stock curtains before but I wanted to do something different this time.



So, I bought an extra panel and cut it in 5" strips, ran a basting stitch down one edge and pulled the end of the string to create a ruffle.  Once I had all my strips pulled into a ruffle, I sewed them on to the edge of the curtain panels and left the raw edge fringed a bit. I love the texture it adds to the curtains without adding more color. I am sure you could try this with any color curtain at your local "Big Box" store. And if I can do it I know you can too, it is simple!!



This is a picture of my summer look for the mantel, although I have added more shells as the summer has continued and we have collected more from the beach. I love this look and hate for the summer to end, but will keep you posted when I change to my fall look. 

Do you change your home for the seasons? What is your favorite season changing idea?

2 comments:

  1. Can you spend a week or so at my house? I could use your kind of help!
    wyoandrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure we would love to come out to Whyoming!!

    ReplyDelete