April 13, 2011

A New Line Of Jewelry Coming Soon!

So I have a spectacular new obcession.  I am in love with old jewelry like resin or bakelite pieces with beautifully intricate details that you cannot find anymore to make new necklaces out of. So I have taken old jewelry pieces from my own jewelry box and made my own molds out of them. Then, I got some resin and resin dye so I can custom blend the color of each batch (2 oz. at a time).

I love how they have turned out, the detail is terrific, just what I was looking for!

Now I have a whole array of colors to choose from too!


Once I had all the new pieces poured and "cured" I had to sand the back to smooth out any rough edges or bubbles. This was a very messy task, but I love using my Dremel tool it is the perfect must have tool for any do-it-herselfer!

 We have had some really nice weather and was able to do all my sanding outside (Aaron, my husband, would have had a fit if I had attempted the sanding inside the house!!)

With all that said I am anxious to introduce my new pieces into my spring line of jewelry for everyone to have a bit of these beautiful vintage look-a-likes to wear! So, stay tuned for a showing of my new pieces.

1 comment: