April 20, 2010

Crunchy Granola

This is a great recipe for granola. Very peanutty flavored. I made it without dried fruits but I think I will use them next time I make it to give it a sweet kick too.

6 cups rolled oats
2 cups shredded coconut
2 cups nuts
1/3 cup vege oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix granola:  Heat oven to 325 degrees.  Combine oats, coconut and nuts in large mixing bowl.  Combine oil, brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla in small saucepan over medium heat and stir until smooth.  Pour over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.

Bake granola:  Line shallow baking pan with foil.  Spread mixture in the pan.  Bake until browned - about 50 minutes- stirring every 10 minutes with large spatula.  Cool in the pan on a wire rack; then stir once more.  Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to try it with some Nutella I got and will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete